Contemporary Closets knows the importance of spring cleaning, and knows that it’s easier and more efficient to get rid of old items when you know they are going to a good cause. So, we put together a helpful list of charities who will gladly help you take advantage of your spring cleaning as an opportunity to donate and support people in need.
That’s it. Thank you for letting us help you realize the potential for you life’s organization. The pleasure was ours. And thank you for letting us continue to be a part of that process.
1. Vietnam War Veterans of America
- Accepts clothing, shoes, housewares and glassware, drapes, toys, games, bikes, tools and small appliances
- Picks up directly from your home
- Contact them at 1-800-775-VETS (8387) or visit online at www.vva.org
2. Habitat for Humanity Re Store
- Accepts new and gently used furniture, appliances, lumber, hardware and unique items to the public.
- Contact them at 973-782-6993 or visit online at www.patersonhabitat.org/restore
- Store located at 415 Hamburg Tpk, Wayne, NJ 07470
3. New Jersey Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center Inc. c/o Katzenbach School for the Deaf
- Accepts Eyeglasses
- Contact them at email@example.com
4. Dress For Success
- Accepts women’s suits and professional attire
- Contact them at 973-822-3188 or visit online at www.dressforsuccess.org, or in person at Morris County Madison Community House, 25 Cook Ave, Madison, NJ 5. Sole 4 Souls
- Accepts gently used footwear
6. Get Well Gamers Foundation – Accepts video games
- Visit them at www.getwellgamers.org
7. National Christina Foundation
- Accepts computers – Visit them at www.cristina.org
- Accepts all electronics, computers and household items.
- Visit them at www.earth911.com
9. Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation
- Accepts musical instruments
- Visit online at www.mhopus.org
- Accepts athletic shoes – Visit them at www.nikereuseashoe.com