Trunks, we all have at least one, but we don’t all use them to our advantage. Whether it’s a “sea-trunk” that Great-Grandma brought with her to America or one you bought last week, trunks are a unique storage space and conversation piece.
Put some Junk in the Trunk
Depending on the size and shape of your trunk you can store nearly anything. Some even have separate compartments or drawers, thus helping store and organize whatever items you want.
- Use it as a toy chest or board game storage, so kids can easily reach and store their favorite toys and games.
- Store bedding that clots up your closet space
- Store clothes (especially if it has drawers) during college, or long trips
- Use Great-Grandma’s “Sea-trunk” as a TV stand or use it as a coffee table (if the lid isn’t smooth get some table glass to put over it). People will take notice of all those old travel stickers.
- If it’s a small trunk that can easily fit on a dresser, store small things like: jewelry, makeup or even rolled up ties.
- Use it as a hope chest, and store any Family heirlooms, photos or newspaper clippings.
Trunks can store and be used for nearly anything, so long as it fits. Whether it’s Great-Grandma’s old beat up one, or one from college covered in stickers from your friends and vacations, or even if it’s plain wood or wicker, each trunk has a unique look and personality. Use trunks to your advantage because they are a great storage asset.